July 6, 2021

The Unrepentant Marxist comic book, final chapter

Filed under: The Unrepentant Marxist comic book — louisproyect @ 6:56 pm

A political life after sectarianism

Additionally, you can download the entire memoir
 from http://www.panix.com/~lnp3//UnrepMarx.pdf

(Chapter guide: chap. 1chap 2chap 3chap 4chap 5chap 6chap 7)

The End

1. Will this ever make it in book form? I’d buy it.

Comment by whatsystem — July 6, 2021 @ 8:07 pm

2. Great stuff.

Comment by johnwwelch — July 7, 2021 @ 2:04 am

3. But you didn’t just sprawl in that easy-chair. What we want to know in volume two is how the shapeless dream to write a novel solidified into the tireless militant prose we read most days. Bring us up-to-date from a personal angle, please. A lot of history will necessarily be involved.

Comment by Peter Byrne — July 7, 2021 @ 8:28 am

4. “At the time I was still convinced that the SWP was destined to lead America to socialism….”

I find that surprising. By the time I decided to leave the SWP (the British one; a completely different organisation, obviously), I’d lost all faith in the leadership and structures of the party and knew perfectly well that it was going nowhere.

Comment by John — July 16, 2021 @ 5:19 pm

5. I’m a programmer. Decades ago I had a “no raise, get lost” situation at work because of a late project. I had company. Sometimes middle management does not understand project complexity. I considered quitting to become a contractor, but stuck around and redeemed myself on the next simpler project. I was new to engineering, and did not have the confidence to quit so decided to stick it out.

Comment by Shawn Britton — July 26, 2021 @ 2:05 am