October 16, 2018

The Inner Dimensions of Socialist Revolution

Filed under: Uncategorized — louisproyect @ 11:16 pm

via The Inner Dimensions of Socialist Revolution

1. Thank you, Louis. You’re very generous.

Comment by manuelgarciajr — October 16, 2018 @ 11:48 pm

2. Dear Manuel Garcia Jr.
    Thank you Sir for your beautifully expressed vision of the sensible space between giving up and dreaming immediate utopias.
    Thank you Louis for bringing this to your readers.
    Comradely greetings!

Comment by Reza — October 17, 2018 @ 7:18 am

3. Reza: Thank you for your generous response.

Comment by manuelgarciajr — October 18, 2018 @ 3:01 am

4. Manuel, my brother! Great to see this and hear your voice crying out there in the wilderness for some interiority as we all wrestle with the exteriorities of madness. You tackled something I despair over and over again about and, finding no solution (to the work for the outside world, create a deeper inner world false dichotomy) I sometimes lower my head and fade away. It´s not a strategy, but we face terrible times ahead and certainly I feel there is precious little I can do. Let´s chat sometime…been a long time…and thank you for this!

Comment by Naftali — October 19, 2018 @ 1:48 pm

5. And Louis! I realized I must thank you as well for distributing what I would have thought something distinctly not your “style”. I´m pleasantly surprised. And oh, sometime I´d like to ask you about your years around the SWP and the PLP – I think we may have a shared friend in common from those times. Best, José

Comment by Naftali — October 19, 2018 @ 1:50 pm

6. Naftali: Thank you for your very positive comments in response to my essay. And, yes, Louis is much more than just a dry academic-style Marxist wonk, he has deep human-hearted motivations, and it is from these that he tries to better the human condition by applying his insights about Marxist theory, history and practical experience. Pointing to the writings of others, which he thinks worthwhile even if not in his “style,” is an aspect of his practice.

Comment by manuelgarciajr — October 21, 2018 @ 6:20 am