January 25, 2013

An outtake from “Django Unchained”

Filed under: Film — louisproyect @ 2:46 pm

1. I cannot understand the excitement of film critics in the media about this film.

Comment by Harsanyi_Janos — January 25, 2013 @ 7:07 pm

2. The movie is bonkers. It’s like they ripped Ichi from his movies and stuck in Clint Eastwood.

Comment by Pandora — January 26, 2013 @ 4:16 am

3. Tarantino sucks. His films and their financial promotion and successes are a symptom of the decadence of modern American society.

Comment by Clifford Saint Claire the Beloved — January 27, 2013 @ 7:59 am

4. Oh commentators! It’s always worth checking the source of film clips. This is the 2007 Japanese take on the spaghetti western

Comment by Derek Bryant — January 28, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

5. I know this isn’t Tarantino’s movie. Am I the only one here who likes his movies? Is it now uncool for communists to like his movies?

Comment by Pandora — January 28, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

6. It is okay to like QT movies, except for his latest.

Comment by louisproyect — January 28, 2013 @ 6:29 pm

7. Why? I haven’t watched it.

By the way I watched Dark Knight Rises twice now. You were right: the political content of that film is pathetic. You can hear the capitalists thumping their chests and reaching for their nether areas. Reminds me of 24 now that I think about it. Batman stories only work so long as they don’t bring too much attention to the ludicrous central premise.

Comment by Pandora — January 28, 2013 @ 8:25 pm