November 21, 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words

Filed under: Fascism,zionism — louisproyect @ 10:33 pm

1. Propane: when 3 machine guns pointed to your head by 3 rockin’ smilin’ dudes while you kneel blindfolded aren’t enough.

Comment by Pandora — November 21, 2012 @ 10:38 pm

2. Nazi’s

Comment by purple — November 22, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

3. Is that an applicable analogy? I’ve always been wary of using Nazi.

Comment by Pandora — November 23, 2012 @ 2:34 am

4. I’ve been hesitant to make this comment for fear of being interpreted as having some sort of agenda beyond just killing time on the internet, but what the hell. About ten years ago I spent some time looking at holocaust denial sites, and when I saw this post it immediately reminded me of a page on one of them. They’re extremely similar. Here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/20101126100652/http://codoh.com/zionweb/zi2faces.html

I don’t see a problem making Nazi comparisons, but it strikes me as a bit stale at this point. I remember a bit point in One Palestine Complete was that Israeli politicians have been accusing each other of being Nazis as long as the term has existed.

Comment by godoggo — November 23, 2012 @ 8:08 am

5. The analogy seems perfectly fitting to me. If zionists don’t like the comparison then a change in behavior is necessary.

Comment by Coldtype — November 23, 2012 @ 8:18 am

6. Or any other imperialist army in history. The Americans & British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, for example.

Comment by john — November 23, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

7. There have always been Nazi-like aspects to Zionism, but it’s ultimately a hyperbolic comparison, which is why the page I linked to would show up on a site meant to minimize the Nazis’ crimes. I also find it a little bit cute.

Comment by godoggo — November 23, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

8. But go for it if you think it helps.

Comment by godoggo — November 23, 2012 @ 6:54 pm

9. Unfortunately, I don’t think the left is very interested in helping much of anything. It seems to mainly be ultra-rhetorical and extreme preaching to the choir in closed circles on one hand and opportunist reformism when it does find time to leave that behind for a little while.

Comment by Confused on Nat Lib — November 24, 2012 @ 3:25 am

10. I really didn’t put much thought into those last comments. Really, all I had to say was “Look what I found.”

Comment by godoggo — November 24, 2012 @ 5:26 am

11. “Or any other imperialist army in history.”

Or any other army, I’m afraid. The behaviour of the Red Army during the Civil War in Russia was as brutal as most of what was committed by any army thereafter.

Comment by Harsanyi_Janos — November 27, 2012 @ 6:51 pm